Okay so it’s official, i am the worst blogger ever. But I’ve been horrendously busy with real life things! Stuff like planning next weeks trip to London, working up time I owe for said trip, fretting over my boyfriends upcoming birthday (for this short time of the year we are the same age!) and not knowing what to get him , him not helping me find suitable pressies he likes, nights out in the city with work colleagues, weekend breaks away visiting the mothership, bad bad BAD hangovers and recently dying from a yucky cold that just won’t stop. As Lyzi said in her post, I’ve been up to my eyeballs!
All of which has to be done in between my 9-6 job and sleeping. (I’m currently blogging at work, that’s how desperado it’s getting!)
And you know whats even worse about my absence? In all the things I’ve been doing my camera has ben tucked away in its little case on a shelf. Not only am I both neglecting my blog I’ve neglected my camera too! Yep, that means no photos. *gets handed the WORST BLOGGER EVER award and sits down*. Luckily I’ve been using my instagram a little. Hence why this post actually has pictures!
So I thoroughly apologise. I would like to say blogging will resume but life is just hectic at the moment. I still have to overtime to work up, I’m filming a secret project that I’ve been involved with the last few weeks finishes this friday, woo exciting! When it’s finished and I get the go ahead I can reveal what it is! I’m also flying over to London for a week this coming Saturday & the following weekend being my boyfriends birthday means more busyness. so yeah, HECTIC! Life, just calm le fuck down for a minute?
So we’ve been back from our little break in London for about a week and we are now both back to normality, work is taking up all of our time and I seem to have lost all energy or inspiration for things that are not work or sleep related. My first weekend off at home and I did plan to do things but I’ve found myself floating around doing nothing of importance. How depressing, I’m sorry. London was really awesome, I have a few blog posts written and ready to go about our time there I just need to add some photos and they’ll get posted.
January came and went and now we are in February. My favourite month to spell. I completed 6 things off my resolutions list last month, horray! I don’t really have any plans for February just a few mini goals I’ve set for myself like keep being awesome at my job and save up more money for future travel plans that we have. In other news I cut my hair today and starting putting my London journal together. I collected up a bunch of things from our visit and have a few sketchy and painty plans for the journal. Things I want to work on from now on is my time keeping. I don’t seem to have enough time for much of anything else besides work and the usual day to day shit. I miss being crafty, I’m really sorry I haven’t been doing much of my diys here on MFH. I do have ideas and have planned to start them but like everything I couldn’t ‘find’ the time. I want this to change. I think what I’m trying to say is life has been super busy again which is why my blogging has sucked lately. You guys forgive me right? :) Tomorrow I’m off for a mini adventure avec ma famille which will involve beaches and picnic food. Mum’s baked chocolate chip cupcakes so already I’m interested haha. Bye! xo
I know I’m a little behind on recapping (whoops 6 days!) but I’ve been super busy with work! December has finally got its claws in, the cold is creeping up on us quicker each morning and I can’t feel my fingers as I type this. So Winter is well and truly here!
Things I Have Completed Since October 1st:
- OH! I found out Myfabricheart was nominated for Best Craft Blog at the Blog awards, Ireland. How awesome is that? Now if I only checked my emails regularly I would have found out at the time rather than THREE MONTHS LATER. Typical me!
- October had me running riot in a haunted house with a bunch of other crazies for the month (I work Ireland’s Only Haunted house, The Nightmare Realm each year!) so I learnt a few things about myself, one being I can never have too many bruises. Another being I can turn absolutely everything I am capable of lifting upside down in the realms ‘local’ and not get barred. Thats a success if you ask me.
- Literally as soon as I was out of the realm I was back up in Cork for another Job interview, which I aced and got the job. So working my socks off every day has become the norm (and I love it). So money wise I am happy to be saving again.
- I read on the train to work, currently halfway through The Book of Shadows (I took a little break to read some other books..tut tut) and I’m really enjoying it.
- I’m not sure about dropping a jean size but I’m coming up to completing a 2.5 week Detox in a few days! Its been really tough and I’m glad I’m near the end of it. Scales are not my friends (nor do I own one!) so I’m just having to go by what friends/parents/boyfriend’s judgements say.
- On the 11th of November my boyfriend and I celebrated our third year together, making it the longest relationship either of us have ever had. It’s a big milestone! <3
- Around our anniversary time we were lucky enough to get our paws on some free tickets to Bon Iver in Dublin! They were phenomenal. I can’t even put into words how it felt to see and hear them live. A concert I will never forget. Permanent tingles.*
- Because my job involves constantly talking to people I don’t know (and I know this is going to sound really silly) I no longer have a fear of making/receiving telephone calls from people I don’t know! I know what you’re thinking.. I used to avoid the phone at any costs.. I still hate the phone but for different reasons, dealing with idiots on a daily basis will do that to you!
- And I guess you can say I moved out! Not fully but I live 90% of the time with my boyfriend now, going home every two weekends to see my family. I can’t wait for Christmas break to get a whole week at home!
Things I Have Started since October 1st:
- In early November I treated myself to a new watercolour paint set. It’s beautiful and fits so nicely into my satchel. I did keep up painting daily for a while but things just got too hectic in life. When I have more free time I plan to create lots of art!
- Also, my 365 Project has seriously been lacking recently. I haven’t done it since the end of October so I have a lot of days to catch up on! I plan to have this finished before the year is out.
- Mini goals! Myself and my lovely decided to set ourselves some mini goals, set to be complete by the time Katies back from Budapest as she comes home often. I think next year I’m going to take a leaf out of her book and set monthly goals rather than a long list of yearly goals. It makes more sense to me as I’m always changing my mind about things!
Things I Haven’t Started but Should because They Aren’t That Difficult:
- Yep. You guessed it. Doctor/Dentist/Driving lessons. I’m ridiculous, I know.
So that was October and November wrapped up goal wise! Lets hope December takes it’s time and we can actually enjoy the month before it’s out! XO (you can see my other monthly recaps, January, February, March , April, May, June, July , August&September and my resolutions here!)
follow me on instagram: @sylvieepops //bloglovin’ // twitter // pinterest
I’m really loving my new camera and I think it’s given me a new lust for life, between speeding through my note book of to-do lists (something that usually doesn’t happen so quickly) ticking each one off and snapping pictures around the homestead of everything and anything that takes my fancy, the past two days have been productive to say the least! New tutorials have been done, photographs have been taken, a resolution has been fulfilled, alterations are sewn up and I even managed to do a little outfit shoot today- gasp!
Mentioning on Twitter earlier today I realised, to my horror, at just how little time I have left in Ireland. Why do I think it’s still the beginning of July? I have 23 days left to get things organised until I am actually basking in glorious South African sun (and probably dying from the intense heat!) so even though I am excited, I’m nervous as hell and starting to panic about everything! I feel like I’m running out of time to spend both at home, with friends and seeing my boyfriend, all before I leave! Some serious planning is in order I think..
How has your Monday been? XO
follow me on instagram: sylvieepops // bloglovin’ // twitter // pinterest
A week and a half ago I was fretting about all sorts of troubles that were worrying me. (I worry a lot if you hadn’t noticed!) I’ve been a bit here and there with the blog and that’s because I’ve been busy running around ticking as many things off my to-do-before-you-leave-list, so apologies if you’ve been wondering where I’ve been. I’m back on track now and normal
rambling posting will return to normal!
I’m so relived to say that my biggest worries leading up to my travels are now, no more. Both my arms are swollen after a trip to the doctors for ALL my vaccinations last Thursday (and they’re still sore!) and after a long wait, I am now the proud new owner of a Canon 600D! It feels so good to finally say that. I’ve only been lusting after a Canon to call my own ever since I laid eyes on one all those years ago. I can’t wait to test it out in the wilderness of Africa! I’ve given Carl (my Sony DSC) to my mum even though I feel like I’ve short changed her with it, he’s nearly on his last legs! Mum seems pleased with it at least and this means she can blog nice big garden-y pictures rather than silly phone pics! You listening mum?! :)
Our dear Budapestian came back to us, finally! On Friday the three of us had a lovely meet up over dinner,wine and good old card games followed by the traditional horror film binge. Katie’s spending the Summer here at home so we’ve been planning things to do together before i’m off in a few weeks. (eek!) Our catch ups always leave me feeling more motivated and inspired than ever to get on with things I’ve been putting off. Today I was working away at a special post that I’ve been meaning to do all year, with the help of Liv (I named my Canon) I’ve been able to take photo’s and be happy with it’s outcome. I even got a whole page ticked off my list-book! XO
follow me on instagram : @sylvieepops // bloglovin’ // twitter // pinterest
This week seems to have started on the wrong foot for me. Literally. Saturday night ended up being a rather funny night out with friends whom I hadn’t seen in ages, meeting new people who had lovely things to say about my blog, hello Aoife! (I still find it weird when this happens!) and ending the night getting my foot trampled on leading to a nasty cut that went unnoticed till the morning after. The morning after with a craving for chips to cure my hangover and a wobbly head led to yet another injury involving the oven door and my other foot getting a bashing.
It’s only Wednesday and it feels like the longest week ever. I’ve got so much to do regarding getting things organised for South Africa and I’m not even half of the way through the list yet. I tick something off and remember another thing to add, never ending! I’m getting kind of annoyed with a certain someone who is taking his damn time with something he promised me two weeks ago and hearing that I’ve missed the deadline for the Rabies vaccinations puts me just a little bit on edge! So it’s been stressful to say the least.
I’ve spent a lot of time indoors and not so much outdoors which really bothers me, haven’t been able to run as much (thanks to my beaten up toes!) and I’ve been a little under the weather. I have been busy in my free time with a big diy project that has taken me forever to finish but I’m hoping it will be worth it as it already looks kinda snazzy half done, I’m hoping to be able to share this one with you by the end of the week. Sorry for the grumpiness. xo
Happy 4th of July to all my American followers! ♥
The last couple of days I have been quite under the weather and haven’t been able to blog much so I’ll be playing catch up of what’s been happening for the next few days. I’m still sick but with the help of numerous nurofens,lemsips and cough medicine i’m starting to feel like myself again, things are still painful but atleast I can breathe and hear properly! (i’ve been complaining a lot on my twitter about that) Yesterday I had hopes to pop into town and go on a rummage spree whilst Shane was at work. I was so very nearly out the door when I got hit by a wave of fever and had to get back into my jammies and rest up for the day. I hate how being sick is a thing that you just cannot control, it controls you. It’s only typical that on my days off I am too sick to do anything, sleeping and sniffling is all I can do well lately.
Last week was mamabears birthday! We celebrated the occasion with not one but three carrot cakes (granted two were massive fails involving fire alarms going off and I will never ever cook with egg whites again) and pretty cards and gifts including a Wii! Mum mentioned about wanting one and my brothers girlfriend was selling hers and it was all just perfect timing. Mum loved it! Granted we took over the Wii and had a few fun nights of silly Yoga poses, laughing at my youngest brother attempting weight training (and being too light to register on the wii board!) and a good few hours spent on a new favourite game, Guitar Hero. I’m missing it already and i’m not even that good at it,hoho.
Also, for the first time in (what felt like forever but was actually) a month, Shane and I have actually gotten to spend some much awaited time together! Originally he came down to stay at mine for the week just after my Gran left from her stay but after a few days we returned to Cobh due to some choppy changy plans, luckily I’m on my week off so this was all possible! It’s been so so good to see him again and just be together, I don’t mean to sound sappy but a month feels like the longest time when you’re away from loved ones!