What you will need:
– Card (not too thick)
– PVA Glue
– Clear Disc Case
– Coloured Paper (Or whatever you prefer)
– Acrylic Paint + brush + pencil
– Spare CD jacket (For sizing up)
Here’s how to create your CD sleeve:
(based on what I did)
1. Using a spare CD sleeve measure it up to the card, draw around the CD getting the shape of what will become your case. Add another square above the first half of the CD with about an inch of spare card added. (Check the video or pictures for clearer idea) Cut this out with scissors and bend the card where the lines show to be bent:) You should have a CD shaped case, Next glue the extra inch of card down so you now have a pocket for the lyrics. Let dry.
2. Measure up the clear Disc to the Card Case to make sure you got the measurements right:)
3. Get your desired paints and whatnot for whatever design you have in mind and paint away! I planned to use a variety of blues greens and yellows. I ended up painting my case completely green, giving it two layers of paint. I then painted in black my design on the inside of the cover.
4. I next painted a spare page light purple and let it dry, after wards I wrote on the back of it the band’s name backwards (So I could cut it out easily knowing it would look good:) I stuck this down with PVA and let it dry. Using gold and silver paint I painted dots all over the cover.
5. Using a piece of orange-red marbled paper from a previous project I drew a cartoon of Florence and cut out her firey trademark hair. I then stuck this to the front cover adding silver and gold dots around the hair. Then to added to the glittery image I then painted bright gold eye shadow and green eyes for a ‘striking’ image (another trademark of hers)
6. After everything was dry I stuck down the clear CD holder and popped the CD in.
There you have it! A step by step guide of how to create your own CD cover/jacket/sleeve whatever it’s called!
And here’s the video from my YouTube: