Armed with many a bottle of fabric dye I ventured out barefoot to the back yard where I came face to face with three massive white cotton sheets. I knew what I had to do..
This first image being the largest of the three.. it is the size of my double bed. It was very experimental. I thought it was going to turn out a colourful mess but alas..its results are rather pretty.
Below is the same hanging only from the ground up, it was taken whilst it dried along the poly tunnel frame.
Below was done differently, whilst the top images where done by pouring the dye and twisting the fabric at the same time the image below was done simply by spraying the dye over the fabric and crinkling it up slightly.
This hanging below is my favourite, it’s slightly lighter in colour because I took this picture when it was still wet. I used small rounded stones in different sizes to make the white circles that can be seen below. I also dip dyed this, it’s different to ty dying. I let all these dry naturally in the sun because the tumble dyer ruins the colours and makes it dull.
I’m all out of fabric dye now! Well worth yesterdays experiments though.. XOXO